Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Testimony

  I grew up in the church all of my life, but after awhile I realized that there was something missing in my life. I was not living a bad life, however, as a 6 year old there weren't many things I could have done. But at this time I knew that there was something that was not there, that I wanted.  The thing missing was a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. One day after coming home from school I went to talk to my mom asking her what it meant to ask Jesus into my heart, because I wanted that. She read through some verses in Romans, talked about what this meant, and prayed the prayer of salvation with me right there on the end of her bed. I was ecstatic after I had made this transformation, but after awhile it wore off, and I found myself just going through the motions. My faith has been on a roller coaster ever since, there were times I was very close to the Lord and then there were times when I drifted away. I continued to go through the motions week by week, and nothing every changed until I decided to change my life around. I decided I wanted something more, I decided I didn’t want to say a prayer here an than when I needed something, but I wanted to be able to pray whenever I wanted, through the good and bad. Through it all Jesus has always been there, never leaving my side. I am so thankful for where he has brought me today, and I am here to serve him and him alone. He is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I have never been the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment